- 01-Aug-2015 to 01-Aug-2016 (PST)
- Calabasas, CA, USA
- Full Time
Erewhon, Los Angeles' homegrown iconic natural food store, is expanding rapidly and is looking for creative food lovers who strive to provide our customers with inspired and compelling sustainably produced products. Our suppliers are hyperlocal. Our staff is inventive, driven and passionate about creating the highest quality product to ensure that each and every one of our customers (and staff members!) can lead the healthiest and best possible life. We are leaders on supporting local organic growers and the environment, partner with organizations that share our values and build community wherever we root. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste and act in every way possible to protect the finite resources of our planet. Family owned and operated for more than 40 years in Los Angeles, we are the source of the healthiest and most nutrient-rich foods available.
What We Offer:
Flexible full and part time schedules
Competitive market wages
Traditional group health plan coverage
Dental and vision
Paid vacation accrual
Generous employee discount
Collaborative environment and open-door policy – you have a great idea? We want to hear it!
Tremendous opportunities for personal specialization and professional growth
- Greet customers in warm and friendly manner. Answer any questions customers may have regarding their purchases or Erewhon programs.
- Process transactions in a quick and efficient manner.
- Learn bulk and produce product PLU codes.
- Count out cash drawer and maintain integrity of company funds during your scheduled shift. Prepare register drops and change requests accurately.
- Assist department heads with missing product pricing information. Notify them in the event of out of stock items to trigger reorder.
- Stock stands with supplies, bags and proper tags. Keep front end clean and presentable to customers.
- Cross-train in other departments within the store in order to offer assistance as needed.
- At least one year of previous cashiering and customer service experience, preferably in natural/organic foods.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Ability to learn basic working knowledge of all products available in department (including their producers, locations and seasonal offerings) and comply with Erewhon Standard.
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to visually examine products quickly for quality and freshness. Must be able to properly date and rotate product for optimal freshness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both with other members of staff and customer base as a whole.
- Flexible availability – we need staff mornings, evenings, weekends AND most holidays
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)